Aquagreen Engineering Management Private Limited (AEMPL) is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 accredited company, having more than 15 years of experience in providing Engineering Consultancy Services under large infrastructure projects comprising Hydro Electric projects / Pumped Storage Hydro projects, Tunnel projects, Transmission / Distribution line / Substation projects, Roads and Highways, Buildings, Irrigation, Urban Infrastructure and Oil & Gas Projects with interests in Transportation Sector. Our area of expertise lies from concept to commissioning stage including “Identification of Green Field Projects”, “Concept planning”, “Preparation and Review of Pre-Feasibility Report, Feasibility Report, Detailed Project Report”, “Tender Engineering”, “Detailed Design and Engineering”, “Proof Checking”, “Project Management”, “Contract Management”, “Commissioning and Post Commissioning Service”, “Technical Audits”, “Due Diligence”, “Cost Vetting”, “Geological and Geotechnical Investigations”, “Renovation and Modernization”, with other services as per the requirements.
The company has been involved in projects in India, Bhutan, Uganda & Rwanda with offices in Delhi, Gurugram, Navi Mumbai, Jammu, Srinagar, Sikkim & Kampala
AEMPL’s core business is in the field of hydro power and has been involved in several projects at all stages of hydro power plants set up, right from identification to commissioning along with O&M services.
We are also engaged in identifying the Pumped Storage Sites for the Clients and hand hold them for site visits and preparation of Pre-Feasibility Report in getting the MoU signed from the respective States. So far, we have identified locations of PSP projects in Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Himachal Pradesh for our Clients.
MISSION & VISION
Providing complete Engineering & Management Consultancy in Infrastructure and Energy Sector by adopting the Best Engineering Practices for achieving Customer satisfaction.
To be a leading Global Engineering and Project Management Consultant for achieving excellence in Infrastructure and Energy Sector Projects
- Mr. Naresh Kumar, Hydro Power Expert / Geotechnical Expert
Retired Chief Engineering from Central Water Commission and served in the Commission for nearly 35 years from 1976 to 2011.
He has more than 46 years of experience in management of various activities related to Planning, Preparation and Review of Feasibility study Report, Detailed Project Report, EPC Documents & Construction supervision as Owner’s Engineer including cost vetting and checking of tariff policies for both conventional and pumped storage hydro-electric projects. He has handled more than 40 no. of power projects during his working tenure.
He has published more than 20 numbers of technical papers in different national and international Journals / seminars, and having in his credit more than 100 nos. of technical reports/documents.
He has received a number of Merit Certificates and awards for his contribution for the development of Hydropower projects in India & Bhutan.
He is an active member of Indian Geo-technical Society (IGS) and Indian society of Rock Mechanics & Tunnelling Technology (ISRMTT).
- Dr. Surendra Singh Garhia, Geology Expert
He has more than 35 years of experience in Planning, execution and supervision of all surface & subsurface investigations; identification and delineation of wide shear zones along the right bank/abutment, optimization of project layout at DPR stage; geological & geotechnical inputs for optimizing design of different project components; identification, reserve estimation of quarry & borrow areas for wearing & non wearing surface aggregates; Lab & in situ rock mechanics tests; preparation and submission of DPR for obtaining TEC of the same; Geological inputs for ascertaining Seismic Design Parameters and obtained clearance from National Committee on Seismic Design Parameters’; close interaction with the agencies monitoring micro seismic activities in the project area..
- Mr. Naresh Kumar Mathur, Hydrology Expert
Mr. Mathur has an experience of more 40 years and handled 20+ hydro power projects. He has been the Chairman/ Member of various dam safety review panels of various State Governments of India.
During his tenure, Mr. Mathur has dealt with Hydrological Analysis of Water Resources Projects in the country including Hydropower projects to be considered by Central Electricity Authority for technical concurrence, providing Hydrological inputs to Environmental Advisory Committee as its member for considering Environmental clearance of River Valley Development Projects, Design Flood Review of projects under Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Programme. Held additional charge of Charge of CE, Dam safety Organization for about a year with duties of Formulation and updation of standards and Guidelines, Updation and Improvement of State of Art, BIS activities, R&D activities and Trainings etc., particularly in newer areas of seismic proofing of designs, dam break analysis, instrumentation, bask water studies, foundations etc.
- Mr. J.K. Khatri, Electro-Mechanical Expert
Retired as Chief Engineer from Hydro Engineering & Technology Development Division in the Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India and served for nearly 33 years from 1978 to 2011.
He had worked in between as Deputy Director in Hydro Construction Monitoring Division for 2 years; in Eastern Regional Power Committee, Kolkata as Superintending Engineer (Commercial) for 1 year and at Tala Hydro Electric Project, Bhutan as Superintending Engineer (O&M) for 2 years.
Since last 49 years, he has been associated with design & engineering assignments of all kinds of hydro power projects - be it surface or underground project or a pumped storage scheme involving variety of hydro turbines such as Francis, Kaplan, Pelton, Bulb, Tubular and Reversible Pump-Turbines in various sizes ranging from small hydro to large hydro projects in India, Bhutan, Afghanistan and Nepal..
- Mr. Chandra Shekhar Mathur, Dam / Barrage Expert
Retired as Chief Engineer from Central Water Commission, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India and served for nearly 35 years from 1975 to 1996 and 1998 to 2011.
He has more than 48 years of experience in Planning & Design of Concrete/Masonry Dams, Spillways, Energy Dissipaters and other appurtenant structures. Other areas of expertise include Hydrological Studies for projects; Designs of Earth and Rock fill dams, Barrages, Water Conductor Systems, Tunnels etc.; Investigations and Preparation of DPR for projects; Dam Safety Issues.
He has done Master of Engineering in Water Resources from IIT Roorkee and Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering, India.
He is also a Life time member in Indian Water Resources Society, Indian Geo Technical Society and Indian Society of Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology..
- Mr. S. N. Bose, Electro-Mechanical Expert
He has served as a Sr. Vice President in Teesta Urja Limited, Vice President (Planning & Engineering & HOD (Electrical & Instrumentation) and many reputed organization
He has more than 45 years of experience in Electrical and Electromechanical Engineering comprises design, cost evaluation, formulating contract framework, construction and erection methodology, vendor management, Team management, Project management, Coordination also comprising transmission and sub-station works along with distribution plan, checking of tariff policies.
He has done Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Jadavpur University, India.
He has also served as a Sr. Vice President in Teesta Urja Limited, Vice President (Planning & Engineering & HOD (Electrical & Instrumentation) and many reputed organization .
- Mr. Rajeshwar Singh Chauhan, Hydro-Mechanical Expert
He has more than 48 years of professional experience, and has contributed significantly in the development of hydropower projects, Preparation of Feasibility report, Detailed Project Report, Structural Drawing, Installation of, Method statements and testing schedules, Cost estimate of HM Works etc.
He has an expertise of Detailed designs and finalization of fabrication Drawings of Buried pen stocks and waterway steel liners. Detail design and drawings of Radial Gates, Fixed Wheel Gates, Flap Gates, Hydraulic Hoists, and Hoist supporting Structures, Gantry and Monorail cranes, Intake T- Racks, Lifting beams Bonnet Gate, Steel Liners etc. Method statements for fabrication and erection of gates and penstocks. Preparations of design reports, operation and maintenance Manuals.
He has worked closely with funding agencies including ADB, WB, JICA, JBIC, and AfDB. He has worked in different capacities from implementation to strategic planning, and policy.
- Mr. V.K. Maini, Hydro-Mechanical Expert
Retired Executive Director from National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited (NHPC) and served in the department for nearly 36 years from 1985 to 2021.
He has more than 38 years of experience in project identification, planning, analysis, geo-technical investigations, DPR and construction stage design of hydro-power, irrigation and water supply projects covering embankment and gravity dams, barrages, diversion & outlet structures. power Intake, surface and underground desilting chambers, cut and cover conduits, tunnels, surge shaft, penstocks, cross drainage works like aqua-duct, bridges etc. During his tenure, he is being involved as Team Leader under various projects with leadership skills and clients’ handling skills. He has been involved in more than 35 nos. of hydro power projects including Renovation, Modernization, Life extension and Uprating of hydro power projects.
- Mr. Arun Kumar Jain, Structural Expert
He has more than 43 years of professional experience in the various fields of Power (Hydro, Thermal & Transmission Lines) & Water Resources Sectors and have extensive experience in preparation and appraisal of DPRs and detailed design & engineering of power projects; He has worked for about 25 years in CEA and for about 10 years in CWC primarily in power sector and having extensive experience in the field of Survey & Investigation and preparation of Detailed Project Reports (DPR) including cost estimates of Hydro Power Projects, Dealt with Renovation & Rehabilitation of Mini Hydro Power projects in Bhutan. He has dealt with Techno-economic appraisal of Detailed Project Reports (DPR) of Hydro Power Projects submitted by Project Developers to Central Electricity Authority (CEA) for techno-economic clearance: Dealt with the appraisal of quantities of civil works, structure designing of civil work, construction methodology & planning, construction period, construction schedule and phasing of civil cost of projects of large number of projects both in government & private sectors.
- Mr. Imran Sayeed, Geology Expert
Retired Chief General Manager (Geotech) from National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited (NHPC) and served in the department for nearly 34 years from 1985 to 2019. He was also engaged in the same department after superannuation from November 2019 to March 2022 He has more than 38 years of experience in Planning, execution and supervision of all surface & subsurface investigations; identification and delineation of wide shear zones along the right bank/abutment, optimization of project layout at DPR stage; geological & geotechnical inputs for optimizing design of different project components; identification, reserve estimation of quarry & borrow areas for wearing & non wearing surface aggregates; Lab & in situ rock mechanics tests; preparation and submission of DPR for obtaining TEC of the same; Geological inputs for ascertaining Seismic Design Parameters and obtained clearance from National Committee on Seismic Design Parameters’; close interaction with the agencies monitoring micro seismic activities in the project area.
- Mr. Parveen Kumar Sanghi, AVP (Civil Designs)
Possesses more than Thirty-Seven years of experience in planning, detailed engineering designs, Review of Designs and construction drawings and construction supervision of various hydro-electric projects/Pumped Storage Plants involving dams (small, medium and high), spillways, Head race tunnels, Surge shafts, Pressure shafts and power houses (both underground and surface) etc. Hydraulic and structural designs (including review) for surface/ underground works comprising Barrage, Dam, Desander Basin, HRT, Surge shaft, pressure shaft/penstock and powerhouse (Both Surface and Underground) conforming to various international standards and publications (ACI, ANSI/AWS, ASTM, USBR, USACE and BIS etc.). Has experience of leading the project team and coordination of projects. Carried out Technical due diligence, quarterly monitoring, time and cost overrun of various hydro- electric projects.Countries of Work Experience: India, Nepal, Bhutan, Laos, Lesotho, Uganda and Afghanistan.
- Mr. Navin Kumar Singh, AVP (Design and Construction)
He has more than 28 years of experience in coordination and supervision of multidisciplinary team comprising experts from various technical fields for the entire consultancy assignment including various recommendation to Owner. He shall be responsible for satisfactory completion of the entire activities involved in this assignment including his presence at the time of each milestone delivery. He also has contributed to Civil engineering along with analysis and supervision of each civil components under the assignment.
- Mr. Mohammad Jamal Ahmad Urfi, GM (Civil Construction)
He has more than 34 years of experience in Review and monitoring of site activities of various civil works of the hydro project. Interfacing field / site activities between project team and Head Office, including involvement in planning and scheduling of project activities. Coordinating with Client and EPC Contractor Review of contractor’s progressive bill and issue payment certificate. Complete inspection of works carried out at site and approval of check measurements.
- Mr. Parveen Kumar, GM (Civil Designs)
He has more than 30 years of experience in project identification, planning, analysis, geo-technical investigations, DPR and construction stage design of hydro-power, irrigation and water supply projects covering embankment and gravity dams, barrages, diversion & outlet structures. power Intake, surface and underground desilting chambers, cut and cover conduits, tunnels, surge shaft, penstocks, cross drainage works like aqua-duct, bridges etc. During his tenure, he is being involved as Team Leader under various projects with leadership skills and clients’ handling skills.
- Mr. Rajeev Thakur, GM (Electro-Mechanical)
He had served as an Assistant Manager in National Hydro Electric Power Corporation Private Limited, Government of India Hydropower Board and served for nearly 7 years from 2001 to 2007. He has more than 22 years of professional work experience in planning & design engineering, contract management, client interaction and coordination with the design team for execution of electro-mechanical works of hydro power projects. He has experience in preparation of, pre-feasibility/feasibility study reports, detail project reports, technical specification, tendering and bid evaluation, financial analysis, inspection & quality assurance, scrutiny of drawings and documents at detailed engineering stage, SWOT analysis, preparation of skill-matrix and financial proposal.
- Mr. Shashank Hariharan, DGM (Electrical)
He has more than 17 years of experience in Planning, Designing, scheduling, preparation of detailed project report along with cost estimation, vendor management, preparation of construction / erection / commissioning schedule for electro-mechanical components under the project, responsible to carry out designs, estimation and scheduling of SCADA and automation related works, review of electro-mechanical and electrical components under the assignment along with checking and revision of BoQ, vendor management, cost evaluation, rate analysis and cost estimation. He is also responsible for delivering the project and analysis of tariff policy to be adopted.
- Mr. Pradeep Kumar Tiwari, AGM (Civil - Hydraulics)
He has more than 15 years of experience in Design, Preparation and updating of Detailed Project Report, Techno-economic Evaluation of Feasibility Study Reports, Tender preparation & evaluation for EPC Contracts, Detailed Engineering of Hydro Electric Projects.
- Mr. Dayalan Kadirvelu, AGM (Structural)
He has more than 14 years of experience in civil and structural design, quality assurance and cost estimation. He has experience in in concrete and steel structure designs, supports and foundations, and other heavy equipment support. Responsibilities include layout, analysis and design, review, coordination and field inspection of projects. Having good exposure to Indian codes of Practices and American codes. Computer modelling (2D/3D) of structure and analysis using STAAD-Pro. Performing seismic and wind analysis. Understanding and review of designs for tower foundations, control room building designs, switchyard structures, switchyard equipment’s, roads, rafts, DG foundations and steel building designs. Preparation of design sheets using excel and Math Cad sheets. Can work independently and also as a part of a team with an ability to deliver within short deadlines. Performing Quantity Estimation, Cost Estimation & BOQ. Review of drawings for equipment’s regarding civil design and detailing implications submitted by vendor. Compiling of design calculations/reports, checking calculations of designers and other engineers within the team. Develop designs to satisfy technical specifications.
- Mr. Winfred George, AGM (Hydro)
He has more than 14 years of experience in civil and structural design, quality assurance and cost estimation along with project management and coordination. He has experience in in concrete and steel structure designs, supports and foundations, and other heavy equipment support. Responsibilities include layout, analysis and design, review, coordination, and field inspection of projects. Having good exposure to Indian codes of Practices and American codes. Computer modeling (2D/3D) using Phase2 of Rocscience for performing the stability analysis comprising seismic consideration of slope and underground excavations and the design of support systems. Further he has been instrumental working construction methodology and its implementation at site. Has been working independently in delivering project on schedule with success. Performing Quantity Estimation, Cost Estimation & BOQ. Review of drawings for equipment’s regarding civil design and detailing implications submitted by vendor. Compiling of design calculations/reports, checking calculations of designers and other engineers within the team. Develop designs to satisfy technical specifications.
- Mr. Anurag Patel, Senior Manager (Electrical)
He has more than 14 years of experience Planning, Designing, scheduling, preparation of detailed project report along with cost estimation, vendor management, preparation of construction / erection / commissioning schedule for electro-mechanical components under the project. He is also responsible to carry out designs, estimation and scheduling of SCADA and automation related works.
- Mr. Ajay Ekka, Manager (Geology)
He has more than 14 years of experience in detailed Geological and Geotechnical studies of project. Preparation of detailed geological maps on different scales for the techno-economical optimization of the proposed project layout at PFR, DPR, Pre-constructions and Construction stages of investigations, planning and execution of surface and sub-surface investigations (exploratory boreholes, drifts, in situ rock mechanics tests etc. During his tenure, he is being involved as a Senior Geology Engineer under various projects.
PUMPED STORAGE HYDRO PROJECTS
- Aquagreen Engineering Management is engaged in identifying the Pumped Storage Sites for the renowned Developers / IPPs (Clients) and hand hold them for site visits and preparation of Pre-Feasibility Report in getting the MoU signed from the respective States along with DPR preparation.
- So far, we have identified more than 60 nos. PSP locations collectively across India and Oman with capacities ranging from 190 MW to 10,000 MW
- Aquagreen has completed more than 25 nos. of PFRs of identified Greenfield PSP sites and also engaged in preparation of 12 nos. of DPRs for Pumped Storage Hydro Projects.
HYDRO ELECTRIC PROJECTS
- Aquagreen Engineering Management is involved in design and engineering work of more than 40 numbers of hydroelectric Power projects totaling about 35,000 MW.
- Having good experience in hydro-electric projects since its inception, Aquagreen Engineering Management is empanelled with the following reputed organizations of Government of India:
- Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)
- North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO)
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA)
- Power Finance Corporation Consulting Limited (PFCCL)
- Export Import Bank of India (EXIM)
- Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Aquagreen Engineering Management have expertise in providing solutions for renovation and rectification of hydroelectric power plants, we have engaged and completed the services under:
- Malana II Hydro Electric Project (100 MW) in Himachal Pradesh, India wherein the HRT and 600 m height steel pressure shaft was rectified, and the plant was successfully commissioned
- Sorang Hydro Electric Project (100 MW) in Himachal Pradesh, India whose surface penstock is currently under rectification based on the revised design provided by Aquagreen Engineering Management
- Kameng Hydro Electric Project (600 MW) in Arunachal Pradesh, India wherein the both the penstocks of the project were rectified based on our rectification methodology recommended after leakages were reported during initial filling
- HPPCL’s of Integrated Kashang HEP in Himachal Pradesh wherein we provided the design solutions for rectification of steel lined pressure shaft
- In March 2020, we have completed our Designing and Project Management consultancy service along with O&M services to Teesta III Hydro Electric Project (1200 MW) in Sikkim which is India’s second largest hydro power project and has declared CoD in February 2017
- Aquagreen Engineering Management successfully completed Preparation of Pre-feasibility Report and bankable Detailed Project Report of Kynshi Stage - I HEP (270 MW) Meghalaya, India after planning & supervising extensive field investigations and was also associated in obtaining Techno-Economical Clearance (TEC) from Central Electricity Authority (CEA) in May 2015.
AREAS OF SPECIALISATION
- Identification of Greenfield Projects.
- Concept to Commissioning Engineering Services.
- Pre-feasibility Reports and Due diligence etc.
- Site selection, Planning and supervision of field investigation, Geological and Geo-technical investigations, construction material survey and reserve estimation
- Detailed Project Reports and obtaining Techno Economic Clearance (TEC).
- Tender Stage designs and Tender documents of Civil, HM and E & M Packages.
- Preparation of Bid Documents
- Detailed designs and construction drawings
- Supervision of Hydraulic model studies
- Construction supervision, construction management and Quality Assurance & Quality Control.
- Review of Detailed Project Report/Feasibility Studies Report, Tender Documents and Detailed Design
- Erection, Pre commissioning, commissioning and Post commissioning services
- Engineering services for operation and maintenance
- Restoration & rehabilitation services
- Contract Management Services
- Technical Audit
- Vetting of Capital Cost and Financial Analysis
- Vetting of Project Completion Cost, Time and Cost Over-run
- Vetting of Contractor's Claims
- Technical Support for forensic investigations